Thursday, February 07, 2008

Insurance, Part 19

A lot of my issues with health care billing and so forth last year came from the fact that my address was taken down incorrectly when I went through registration for my surgery. (I want to rant on this, but I won't.) My street address was misspelled by two letters (the first two, unfortunately) and thus plenty of bills never reached my doorstep.

I was certain I had given my address correctly (how could I not?). Well, it seems there might REALLY have been some issue with taking down my address.

I'm starting to go through another medical procedure, and thus made another trip to the Boston Medical Center, just this morning. Of course, I went through registration again. I handed over my ID, and they fetched my street address from their database. For some reason, the administrator had to reenter that into a new form. A frown crossed her face: "The computer doesn't like your address."

Are you serious?!??!

She verified the spelling. It was correct. I made sure she had the correct town, which she did. I wanted to scream while she figured out some trick to enter my actual address. This must have been the problem last year. The computer didn't take my address, and was somehow assigned to something else instead. Argh. At least that mystery is (partly) solved now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home