Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Dealing with Health Junx, part 10

Part 10? Are you serious?

This is a good one, though. One call to the Pathology billing, and Emily from their office said, "Wait, the bill collectors shouldn't be calling you anymore. Your account should be on hold with them." She said she would call them back and work things out. I've decided not to call Argent back, as it seems every time I talk to them, they do something out of line with what I'm trying to get accomplished.

Emily said that the review on the coding for my bill had been started, on August 27th, and the entire thing should be completed in at most 30 days. She also gave me my account number with them, should I need it in the future.

I also got a message from BMC's special billing office, so I called them back. They said they wanted the money from my bill. I explained my situation (again) and they said they could give me a month (so I have until Oct. 5th) to figure it out. I said that might not be enough time, as I wouldn't necessarily have the appeal filed by then if I don't hear back from the pathology billing in time. Unfortunately, they seem to think I'm avoiding them. That might seem reasonable, until you remember I asked them for my bill in the first place.

I think a lot of these places will be happy when I can finally say to them, "I filed the appeal on blahblahday." I hope that happens soon.

-Kyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home