Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dealing with Health Insurance, Part 9

I just talked to Diedre (spelling?) from Argent (bill collectors). For my own use, that number is: 1-800-422-1364 x6355. They said that as of August 28, the bill had been rejected by the insurance. Why was it rejected? The code had had the operation listed as a routine procedure.

Routine? This was the exact problem that I had had before, and that I'd been working since the spring to fix! Argh! The pathologist billing office (I don't know how to get in touch with the actual pathologist) had told me:

1) This was not a routine procedure and shouldn't be getting billed as such.

2) Nothing the bill collectors could do would cause this to be messed up.

Clearly one of those two things is happening. The plan is to call the pathologist back tomorrow, then call Argent and try to explain to them what's going on.

Ugh.

-Kyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home