Monday, October 29, 2007

Insurance Junk, part 15

Okay, this merits its own post, since I need to keep this as a record for myself.

First, I called the BMC. They like my explanation just fine (surprisingly!) and told me they could put a 30-day hold on my account (the computer won't do anymore than that). They said to call back when they get in touch with me again. They were very nice on the phone, so no problem.

I had gotten a letter from the BMC, but also from the Otolaryngologist, so I opened that up to call them back. I was in for another surprise: the charge here was a new amount! One might think that this was due to some sort of interest or something, except this charge is lower! Crazy!

So, I called up, now being very curious on top of wanting to explain my situation (again). It seems that one of the pieces, an $830 charge on the bill was backed out and resubmitted to insurance because they found a better procedure code to submit with. Wow! This was submitted to Aetna between 9/13 and 9/17.

I asked exactly what I should do now, and the person there (who has helped me through this mire for the past 10 months) simply said I should call back after I hear from insurance.

Now, for my own benefit, here's the sequence of events that needs to occur and what I need to do:

1) Hear back from Aetna about Otolaryngologic bill.

2) Hear back from Aetna about Pathologist Bill.

3) Make sure everything's in order, then submit appeal to Aetna.

4) Call Otolaryngologist to update them.

5) Who knows? I hardly understand how this works!

Awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich Jones said...

You show those bastards.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home