Thursday, January 10, 2008

Insurance: Part 16

Sorry for the long delay in posts. I know there are people keeping up with this now! Wooo! Thanks for reading, and sorry this is so horrible and boring.

It looks like things might actually be coming to an end. Here's the news:

I received the Explanation of Benefits from this Pathology bill at the end of November (11/29/07, to be exact). A real one. One which didn't simply say "We don't pay for routine examinations". The amazing thing is: this one they covered!

Wow! All I have to pay now is a little over eleven dollars. It took me nearly a whole year, but trying to figure out what was going on saved me over $500. I wish I could say that the time I took off working was worth that amount. It's hard to say when you're a graduate student.

Well, I just opened that bill yesterday. Why so late? 1) I assumed they had denied it and 2) I didn't have time to start writing the appeal until yesterday.

Yes, that's right, I'm writing my appeal to the insurance company. That's the other big news. I hope to send it out by the weekend. Later I'd like to post it up here somehow.

In any case, I guess it paid off a bit to be vigilant. I'm glad I never caved to the Argent people! I will continue to keep you updated... if anyone is still reading this ;)

-Kyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home