Thursday, January 24, 2008

Insurance, Part 18

I sent the appeal on Friday, at the very end of the day. I was supposed to contact the otolaryngologist billing office after sending out the appeal. We had a long weekend, but I returned to the city on Tuesday. That day, I found a notice from a collection agency that my bill with them had been moved to collections.

I immediately called the otolaryngologist. I asked why my account had been moved, and they said it had been on hold too long.

I wish I could disagree with them, but I hate the fact that this has gone on over a year!

I said I had just sent the appeal. They told me I would have to contact this new non-Argent collection agency. (Peter Roberts & Associates)

Ugh.

I just did that. This time I was not greeted with haste and annoyance. I explained my situation and the guy said, "oh, well let's put this on hold then!" I didn't expect that! I asked whether I should send them a copy of my appeal. "That would be great! We have some people here who can help put pressure on the insurance company, blahblahblah..."

Wow! Okay, great! :-P

I'll let you know how that turns out. Right now I'm planning to send copies of my appeal to the following people:

1) This agency.

2) The Otolaryngologist.

3) BUMC

4) Someone at BU in charge of this kind of junk. For this last one I'll write a long cover letter.

More later!

-Kyle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home