Friday, January 18, 2008

Insurance: Part 17

Dang. I really don't know what's been happening now.

I got another letter from Argent in the mail today. Just now. I had a few minutes, so I figured I'd call.

Call Argent? No! What would they be able to tell me? "We want your money."?

This bill says it's from the Pathologist again. Okay. But it's neither the $500-some charge it was before, nor the $11 that I actually owe the pathologist. Well... what is it, then? $400-some dollars. Where does this come from? Quick call to the pathologist's billing office. Two points:

1) I ask about my current address. They still don't have it correct. I fix it. Apparently we're only fixing one letter at a time.

2) I ask about this bill. She says, "well, you still have a charge with us, and it's in collections." I ask: "And how much should I owe them, 'cause I have an explanation of benefits which shows I owe $11?" Her: "Well, how much is the bill they sent you for?" Me: "$400-some". Her: "What? I'll forward this explanation of benefits on to them so they can send you the correct bill." Me: "So they'll send me a bill, not you?" Her: "Yes, well it's gone to collections. It's been there almost a year!" At this point I wanted to scream, since I have done nothing but try to get this bill out of collections, where it should never have gone. Instead I say "Okay, thanks. Have a good weekend."

On another note, I sent my appeal today. I hope it gets taken care of soon; I'm tired of this nonsense!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home